Antonio Conte is Napoli's new coach,
the three-time Serie A champions said on Wednesday.
The Naples club said the former Juventus, Chelsea, Inter and
Italy boss has signed a contract running until June 2027.
"Napoli is a club of huge importance on the international
stage," said Conte.
"I'm happy and excited by the idea of taking my seat in the
Napoli dugout. I can certainly promise one thing: I'll give my
all to develop the team and the club.
"I'm fully committed to the task at hand, as are my staff."
Napoli got through three coaches last season during their dire
defence of the Serie A title they won in the 2022-23 campaign.
Former Italy midfielder Conte won league titles during his
spells in charge of Inter, Chelsea and Juve, where he claimed
three Serie A crowns on the trot.
His last job was an unsuccessful stint at Tottenham Hotspur.
"I'm so proud that Antonio Conte is Napoli's new coach," said
Napoli Chairman Aurelio De Laurentiis.
"Antonio is a top coach and a leader, so I'm convinced that
we'll be able to rebuild the foundations in the way that we need
to following the conclusion of the cycle that led us to Scudetto
glory last year after many years at the top of Italian football.
"An important, new chapter in Napoli's history gets under way
today."
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Copyright ANSA