/ricerca/ansaen/search.shtml?any=
Show less

Se hai scelto di non accettare i cookie di profilazione e tracciamento, puoi aderire all’abbonamento "Consentless" a un costo molto accessibile, oppure scegliere un altro abbonamento per accedere ad ANSA.it.

Ti invitiamo a leggere le Condizioni Generali di Servizio, la Cookie Policy e l'Informativa Privacy.

Puoi leggere tutti i titoli di ANSA.it
e 10 contenuti ogni 30 giorni
a €16,99/anno

  • Servizio equivalente a quello accessibile prestando il consenso ai cookie di profilazione pubblicitaria e tracciamento
  • Durata annuale (senza rinnovo automatico)
  • Un pop-up ti avvertirà che hai raggiunto i contenuti consentiti in 30 giorni (potrai continuare a vedere tutti i titoli del sito, ma per aprire altri contenuti dovrai attendere il successivo periodo di 30 giorni)
  • Pubblicità presente ma non profilata o gestibile mediante il pannello delle preferenze
  • Iscrizione alle Newsletter tematiche curate dalle redazioni ANSA.


Per accedere senza limiti a tutti i contenuti di ANSA.it

Scegli il piano di abbonamento più adatto alle tue esigenze.

Rome's Palazzo Barberini to get new space

Rome's Palazzo Barberini to get new space

700sqm 'new' space open to public 'in a year'

Rome, 29 January 2015, 16:33

Redazione ANSA

ANSACheck

- ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

-     ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
- ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

Rome's Palazzo Barberini hosting the national gallery of ancient art is to get 700 sq m of new exhibition space under an agreement signed by the culture and defence ministers on Thursday.
    Under the deal Defence Minister Roberta Pinotti has agreed to return rooms in the 17th-century palace occupied by the ministry for decades.
    The rooms, including the throne room containing a large painting by Baroque artist Mattia Preti, will be open to the public "in a year" following restoration, Culture Minister Dario Franceschini said.
    They will however be available to the defence ministry for ceremonial use if necessary. Restoration will cost in the region of 1.8 million euros.
    "It truly is an important day, the demonstration of the government's willingness to invest in culture," Franceschini said. Palazzo Barberini, whose collection contains masterpieces by Caravaggio, Canaletto, Guercino, El Greco, Pietro da Cortona and Tintoretto among others, is one of 20 museums across Italy to have gained autonomous status under the reorganization of the country's museum system last year.
    The palace was begun in 1624 by architect Carlo Maderno for Pope Urban VII, a member of the Barberini family.
    Gianlorenzo Bernini and Francesco Borromini also worked on the project while Pietro da Cortona helped with the architectural design and painted the ceiling fresco in the palace's main hall.
   

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Copyright ANSA

Not to be missed

Share

Or use

ANSA Corporate

If it is news,
it is an ANSA.

We have been collecting, publishing and distributing journalistic information since 1945 with offices in Italy and around the world. Learn more about our services.