/ricerca/ansaen/search.shtml?any=
Show less

Se hai scelto di non accettare i cookie di profilazione e tracciamento, puoi aderire all’abbonamento "Consentless" a un costo molto accessibile, oppure scegliere un altro abbonamento per accedere ad ANSA.it.

Ti invitiamo a leggere le Condizioni Generali di Servizio, la Cookie Policy e l'Informativa Privacy.

Puoi leggere tutti i titoli di ANSA.it
e 10 contenuti ogni 30 giorni
a €16,99/anno

  • Servizio equivalente a quello accessibile prestando il consenso ai cookie di profilazione pubblicitaria e tracciamento
  • Durata annuale (senza rinnovo automatico)
  • Un pop-up ti avvertirà che hai raggiunto i contenuti consentiti in 30 giorni (potrai continuare a vedere tutti i titoli del sito, ma per aprire altri contenuti dovrai attendere il successivo periodo di 30 giorni)
  • Pubblicità presente ma non profilata o gestibile mediante il pannello delle preferenze
  • Iscrizione alle Newsletter tematiche curate dalle redazioni ANSA.


Per accedere senza limiti a tutti i contenuti di ANSA.it

Scegli il piano di abbonamento più adatto alle tue esigenze.

Young woman who reported La Russa Jr heard by investigators

Young woman who reported La Russa Jr heard by investigators

22-year-old alleges sexual assault after evening at disco

ROME, 11 July 2023, 18:18

Redazione ANSA

ANSACheck

- ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

-     ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
- ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

A young woman who has accused Leonardo La Russa, the son of Senate Speaker Ignazio La Russo, of sexual assault after a night at a Milan disco in May was heard by investigators on Tuesday.
    The 22-year-old was questioned for around three hours in relation to the alleged offence, according to investigative sources.
    The woman reportedly claims she was taken to La Russa's home after the evening out and woke up there the following morning remembering nothing.
    She alleges Leonardo then told her she had had sex with him and a Dj friend.
    On Tuesday investigators also heard a friend and an acquaintance of the young woman who had been with her at the disco.
    On Friday the Senate speaker came under fire for issuing a statement defending his youngest son and appearing to put the blame on the alleged victim.
    "The account of a girl who, by her own admission, had consumed cocaine before meeting my son objectively raises many doubts", as does the fact that "the complaint was filed after 40 days," said Ignazio La Russa.
    His comment drew immediate criticism from opposition parties.
    "Over and above his son's responsibility, which it is down to the judiciary to clarify, it is disgusting to hear words from the second highest office of State that once again intend to undermine the credibility of women who report sexual violence on grounds of how long it has taken them or whether they had consumed alcohol or drugs, as if this were an automatic presumption of their consent," said centre-left opposition Democratic Party (Pd) secretary Elly Schlein.
    "The President of the Senate cannot perform secondary victimisation," she added. "It is precisely because of these kinds of words that so many women do not report (sexual violence) for fear of not being believed. It is unacceptable for those holding institutional positions to legitimise sexist prejudice," concluded Schlein.
    Photo: Lawyer Stefano Benvenuto, who is representing the woman who reported Leonardo La Russa for alleged sexual assault.
   
   

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Copyright ANSA

Not to be missed

Share

Or use

ANSA Corporate

If it is news,
it is an ANSA.

We have been collecting, publishing and distributing journalistic information since 1945 with offices in Italy and around the world. Learn more about our services.